PORTLAND, OREGON — Comikey Media Inc. has announced that they have partnered with Shogakukan Inc. to localize select manga series into English. The series will be exclusively available on their online comic platform Comikey starting from the 12th of July. Users will be able to read the first and most recent chapters for free, with an option to purchase a virtual currency known as “Keys” to gain access to locked chapters.
The initial batch of series will include 8 titles that will be officially localized into English for the first time. Titles include:
- Battle in 5 Seconds (by: HARAWATA Saizou | MIYAKO Kashiwa)
- Happy Harem Making with the Mightiest Orc! (by: TSUKIYO Rui | TSUKIMI Takashi, MIWABE Sakura)
- Reptile Secrets (by: Gujira)
- I'm a Demon Lord. I Got Remarried to the Mother of a Hero, So She Became My Daughter-in-Law. (by: MORITA Kisetsu | IKUHASHI Muiko)
- Killer in Love (by: AKIYAMA Enma)
- The Strongest Savior's Second Chance (by: shiryu | OOTA Youkan)
- Don't XXX With Teachers! (by: MUSHA Sabu)
- Killer Vamp (by: BAKO Hajime)
Popular title Battle in 5 Seconds has an anime adaptation in the works, which is slated to air in Japan on the 13th of July.
For most of the licensed series, Comikey Media will first focus on catching up with the latest chapter releases in Japan before officially starting simulpublication and will release multiple chapters every week.
About Comikey Media Inc.
Founded in 2020, Comikey Media Inc. is a US-based localization company that aims to localize Asian comics in manga, webtoons and manhua format. Partnering with various publishers, the company licenses their series in order to release chapters on their online platform which launched on June 23rd. Chapters are released in English with future plans to localize series into other languages such as Spanish, Portuguese and many more. In order to accomplish this, their team consists of experienced translators and editors from all across the globe which allows for a consistent release of localized content at a fast and reliable rate.
About Shogakukan Inc.
Shogakukan was founded in 1922 and publishes a variety of media including manga, literature, non-fiction, and DVDs. Manga magazines published by the company include Weekly Shonen Sunday, Big Comic, and Betsucomi.